- Rising Kindergarten Enrollment for 2019-2020
- Enrolling in a Roaring Fork School in 2019-20
- Enrolling in a Roaring Fork School in 2018-19
- Attendance Area Map
- Early Childhood Enrollment
Registration for all rising kindergarteners will occur in all Roaring Fork elementary schools on Friday April 5, 2019 from 7:30am to 5pm.
Parents/guardians should bring:
- a copy of their child's birth certificate
- a copy of their child’s immunization records, and
- a check for the $390 deposit, which will be applied to the first month's tuition (only needed for students enrolling full-time ).
Registration will include completing paperwork for the upcoming school year. Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
Kindergarten Information Nights
Parents can attend these information nights to learn more about the school and the registration process. Below are the dates for each school:
- Basalt Elementary: April 4 at 6pm
- Carbondale Community School: February 28 from 5-6pm (applications due March 21, 2019)
- Crystal River Elementary: April 2 at 5:30pm
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: April 3 from 5:30 to 6:30pm
- Riverview School: March 19 from 5:30 to 6:30pm
- Sopris Elementary: April 1 from 6:00pm
There will also be a kindergarten information panel sponsored by Blue Lake Preschool on Monday March 4 from 5:30-6:30pm at the Eagle County Building in El Jebel.
Tours for rising kinders and their families will be offered at the following dates:
- Basalt Elementary: Thursday, February 21 and 28 and March 7 and 14 at 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Carbondale Community School: Tuesdays in February and March at 1 p.m. Please call for an appointment at 970-963-9647.
- Crystal River Elementary: Every Thursday throughout February and March from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: every Friday in February and March between 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., or call for an appointment
- Riverview School: Any day in February or March between 8:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.
- Sopris Elementary: every Tuesday in March at 8:30am
*There will be no tours the week of Spring Break
For the 2019-20 school year, the Roaring Fork Schools will be asking only those students who want to attend a school at which they do not have a guaranteed seat to indicate their enrollment intent starting in late February through March 20. This applies to current students who wish to change schools, as well as to new students who wish to attend a school outside of their attendance area. (See attendance area map here.) This process will be a student’s best chance to be enrolled at his or her desired school if not guaranteed a spot at that particular school.
The majority of students do not need to participate in the enrollment process this year. Those who do not fill out a form will be enrolled automatically in their default or projected school. For current students, the projected school is the school a student has been attending. For transition-year students (students transitioning to the next school level), the projected school is the school in the same community attendance area. For instance, a 4th grade student at Basalt Elementary School will be automatically enrolled at Basalt Middle School for the following year. For new students, the projected school is the school in a student’s attendance area.
The Roaring Fork Schools’ enrollment process will ensure a transparent and equitable process for students wanting to attend a school at or near capacity. Glenwood Springs High School is anticipated to be at or near capacity next year. Certain grade levels will be near or at capacity in several other schools throughout the district. As such, a student’s best chance to enroll in his or her school of choice is to complete an intent-to-enroll form during this early window.
Forms are available online here or in paper copy at all Roaring Fork schools and must be submitted to the school at which enrollment is sought by March 20.
*Please note that the Carbondale Community School runs a separate enrollment process. For more information about enrolling in this charter school, please call 970-963-9647.
If you're new to Roaring Fork Schools, you can go to your school of choice to enroll and register. The front office staff there can help you fill out the paperwork you need. *Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
Curious what your attendance area school is? Click here for a Map of Attendance Area for each RFSD School
*Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
- Map of Attendance Area for each RFSD School (Instructions: Check the school name in the left column to show the attendance area layer for each school, and uncheck to hide layers. To enter your address and zoom the map to that location, click the small magnifying glass in the red bar at top left.)